Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AntonVP123
Regular Visitor

Issue with persistent filters in Power BI Service

Hi everyone,

I am currently developing a report where I would need the end user to not be able to save filters when they close the report. I have therefore applied persistent filters so that the report resets everytime it is opened. But now that persistent filters is turned on I lose the ability to send the report with filters (see screenshot. When you enable persistent filters then the "include my changes" box dissapears). Is there any workaround to this? The people who are going to use my report are very technologically inept, and I know that we will get tickets saying that the filters are messed up because they forgot to reset them.

If this problem cannot be solved is there then a form or place where I can suggest changes to the developers of Power BI?

persistent filters power bi.png

1 REPLY 1
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @AntonVP123 

According to your description, when you open the persistent filters in Power BI Service and share the report the "include my changes" display .

I test it in my side , it is the same as yours.This is by design. 

For more information, you can refer to :
Announcing Persistent Filters in the Power BI Service | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

For your need , do you mean you want to the end user to get the filter which they can set?

If this , you can update the bookmark for every filter change to keep that filter settings. Using bookmarks in Power BI help you capture the currently configured view of a report page, including filtering and the state of visuals, and later let you go back to that state by simply selecting the saved bookmark.

For more information, you can refer to :
Create report bookmarks in Power BI to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Overview of bookmarks in Power BI service reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors