Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mapiotrowski
Frequent Visitor

Issue with mixed storage mode - Excel sharepoint & DirectQuery to other report, missing gateway,

Hi, 
I have an issue with mixed storage mode.
My data model consists of: excel file, stored on sharepoint and DirectQuery to the other report that i have direct access to(access to report and the workspace in which it is contatined as well). 
Issue is not appearing on powerBi desktop. It appears only on service when i publish it. 
The issue appears as: 
- visualizations depending on direct query source are not working, 
- i receive message about missing cloud source but after clicking to recreacte cloud data source nothing happens,
- i receive message about missing gateway but when i try to add my personal gateway i receive an error(attached), beside that i do not have anything that would require gateway, everything is based on sharepoint or on already published dataset. 

Can anyone advice on this? At the end i can replicate datasource and store it in import mode but it's not neccessary for me as i do not want data redundancy and would like to get know whats the obstacle here. Attaching screens of datamodel and errors codes i receive. 

mapiotrowski_0-1661242540352.pngmapiotrowski_1-1661242586332.pngmapiotrowski_2-1661242601680.pngmapiotrowski_3-1661242732144.png

mapiotrowski_4-1661242760531.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi mapiotrowski. I don't think I have completely understand if the Database is on prem or cloud. Anyway, I can say that Personal Gateway is not an option for hybrid models like this, it's not even an option for direct query. You must install a gateway in Standard Mode and configure the source at Service. Be sure to turn on the following option if you have onprem and cloud sources together:

ibarrau_0-1603371526003.png

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi mapiotrowski. I don't think I have completely understand if the Database is on prem or cloud. Anyway, I can say that Personal Gateway is not an option for hybrid models like this, it's not even an option for direct query. You must install a gateway in Standard Mode and configure the source at Service. Be sure to turn on the following option if you have onprem and cloud sources together:

ibarrau_0-1603371526003.png

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors