Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Konesan
Frequent Visitor

# Issue with Append data. I can not get all the data when I append. Data disappears one wa

Dear Power Bi Community,

I have built a sales data model and direct connection through the SAP connector (import query). The report / Data model has worked well but now faces some challenges. Maybe you have some solution.

Problem description: I retrieve data a year at a time and subsequently make append in power query. I can not get all the data when I append. Data disappears one way or another. I googled a lot, but I think the problem is either on a date or SAP connector. I do not know if you have experienced a similar problem, but I would like to hear from you. I appreciate any help you can provide.

BR.

Konesan Subas

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Konesan ,

I think you can try deleting the current credential information in the data source setting and then reconnect. Click on the advance option and enter the relevant language code and the custom MDX statement to be run against the specified server

vhenrykmstf_0-1658302422919.png

For more details, you can read related document.

Use the SAP Business Warehouse (BW) Connector in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If the problem is still not resolved, can you provide relevant screenshot information and describe your steps? Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Henry,

Thank you for your suggestion. It is still not working. I have two issues regarding the SAP connector. Append case – and Power Bi Service.

Here is a screenshot of my log-on credential info:

Konesan_0-1658759528498.png

Issue with Append: I extract data for each year and append it to one table. The number or calculation is not correct after appending it to one table. I work with a workaround solution. Step. I load all three data to the data model and use Dax to “Union” to append my data then everything works fine.

Konesan_1-1658759528500.png

Publish data model to Power Bi service.com, then data disappear someway

Thank you. 

BR.

Konesan Subas

+45 21 38 55 69

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors