Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lainkito59
Frequent Visitor

Issue when I want to test my RLS in the workspace

Dear all, 

I'm facing an issue on one of my report. When I publish it in my workspace I can open the report but when I want to test my RLS with the function "Test as role", I have this error message:  "You cannot see the content of this report because you do not have permissions to the underlying dataset. Please contact the dataset owner to request access.".
I'm admin of the workspace and I'm the dataset owner. Can you help me to solve this issue ? 

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Anand24
Super User
Super User

@Lainkito59 ,
Since you are the admin as well as dataset owner, this does seem like a bug. Raise a ticket to MS Support so that they can give a sureity if this is a bug.

Link: https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/en-IN/support/ 

Before raising ticket, please do check the below:

1. Check in incognito mode - To verify if issue is because of cache
2. Check in another browser - To verify if issue is because of browser
3. Check for another user - To verify if issue is user-specific
4. Check in another workspace - To verify if issue is workspace-specific

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

Hello @Anand24 ,

Thanks for your reply. I checked all the points listed above and only when I publish the report in another workspace that the issue is solved. But I want to understand why I have this issue in my workspace and not in another one.

Thanks,

@Lainkito59 ,
Can you check your role and permissions in other workspaces and problematic workspace? Do check the same for report as well. There has to be some difference.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors