Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AndreaLee1212
Helper I
Helper I

Issue on App and Grant Permissions

Hi everyone,

So I created an App to share with one external user, 1 Sales Report. 

But I didn't defined permissions (allow to share or to build content based on the dataset) for that user.

And what is happening is that the user is capable of sign in in PowerBi Service and have the Sales dataset available to create a report and he can even build reports from scratch. Is this the supposed behaviour, does anyone is experience this ? 

What I was expecting is that  the user shouldn't be able to see the dataset and the content inside. 

Am I missing any step ? 

AndreaLee1212_0-1677089146101.png

Thanks in advance

Andrea

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

Does the user have direct access to the workspace? 

Failing that on the dataset click manage permissions and remove anything apart from "App". If they were there to start with sharing an app doesn't remove permissions.

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

Does the user have direct access to the workspace? 

Failing that on the dataset click manage permissions and remove anything apart from "App". If they were there to start with sharing an app doesn't remove permissions.

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

Ben,

You are the master!

Spent so many time around this issue and yes the user was having total permissions (build, share, read) on the dataset...

I removed all the permissions and now the user can't do anything on the dataset.

Thanks a lot !!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors