Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there anyway to add Last Refresh Date-time of Power BI Datasets in Power BI Report..?

Hi All,

I have Power BI Report and source of this report is Azure Blob. On the Datasets (Only one datasets and no gateway involved), I have schedule refreshs (at 5 different timings). I want to display last Refreshed Datetime of datasets on Report. 

How can i do this..?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You can add a query table to your raw pbix file to invoke rest api to get th refresh info from the dataset which you published to power bi service side. Then you can publish the new version to replace the original report.

Announcing Data Refresh APIs in the Power BI Service 

Capacities - Get Refreshables 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You can add a query table to your raw pbix file to invoke rest api to get th refresh info from the dataset which you published to power bi service side. Then you can publish the new version to replace the original report.

Announcing Data Refresh APIs in the Power BI Service 

Capacities - Get Refreshables 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You are chasing the wrong goal.  Instead of the Last Refresh Date you will want to have a Last Modified Date in your dataset that you then use for the UX.  Last Refreshed Date is largely meaningless as the dataset refreshes will happily process old data over and over.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors