Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RuthMerchán
Helper I
Helper I

Is possible to share report between different apps?

Hi everyone!

Nowadays I have created a workspace with some reports. I have also created one app in this workspace so that I can show those reports to the public. Recently I have tried to create another audience inside the app, but PBI does not allow me to create another sudience because the limit is 10 and there were 10 audience created. So, my question is, is possible to create another new app to create more audience with new users and sharing some report that are being showed in the first app? I mean, I would like to know if it is possible to create another app and share some of the same report and avoid to update one report two times?

It would avoid to have to update one report two times or avoid to forget to update one of them. 

I have pro license. I do not know if the limit of 10 audience by app in pbi is the same with premium license?

If it is not possibe, maybe some of you with experience of that could make me a suggestion about one alternative or something similar that allow me to share one same report in differents application...

I hope to have explained myself well..

Thank you so much for your support.

Ruth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @RuthMerchán ,

Yes, the changes you make to the views in the original report will not be synchronized to the replicas, only what's in the semantic model will be synchronized between them.

So, you need to creat a report, then publish it  to two different workspace.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RuthMerchán ,

1. The audience amount in app is not related to license

2. In Power BI Service, one workspace colud only create one app, for your demands, you could save a copy to other workspace for the report that are same for end user, you don't have to worry about creating the data model - the copy of report will still reference the same semantic model as the original report, when the dataset update, the related report data will update too.

For more details, you can read related document: Copy reports from other apps or workspaces - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi! @v-binbinyu-msft . I have made some test taking into account this option, but as I have could see, when I make some change in the report, eliminate one column in a table built in the report or hide a sheet in the report, this change will not affect to the copy done, isn't it?

If so, I think the best option is to create another workspace, another app in there, and upload the same report twice so that the report is updated in both places/apps.

Thank you veryone for your support 🙂

Hi @RuthMerchán ,

Yes, the changes you make to the views in the original report will not be synchronized to the replicas, only what's in the semantic model will be synchronized between them.

So, you need to creat a report, then publish it  to two different workspace.

Best regards,

pmreis
Super User
Super User

Hi @RuthMerchán 

A Power BI App can contain links to reports in multiple workspaces.
If you really need more than 10 audiences,  you can setup another App with it's audiences on another workspace.
This app can contain links to other reports / content in multiple workspaces, as long as the users have the necessary permissions to the reports / datasets.

Check the documentation here: Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Pedro Reis - Data Platform MVP / MCT
Making Power BI and Fabric Simple

If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help others find it. If you found it helpful, please consider giving it a kudos. Your feedback is highly appreciated!

Find me at LinkedIn
Brunner_BI
Super User
Super User

As of now you can only create one app per workspace. You would need to replicate the reports in another workspace.

What do you need 10 audiences for, though? that seems a lot

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors