Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AnandNamburi
Helper III
Helper III

Is it possible to create a powerbi Admin report using power bi desktop?

Hi All,

I have a requirement to create a dashboard/report that need to visualize in a particular workpscae how many reports are there, how many uesr are accessing a particular report, what are the reports got schedued and at what time like that.

Is it possible to create a report like this in power bi desktop, if it is can anyone help me how can I call the metadata information to power bi desktop from power bi servisce.

Thanks,

Anand

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AnandNamburi ,

If you are a Power BI admin, you can go to Admin Portal-> Usage Metrics to see which users and groups, are the most active within Power BI for your organization. This will not show detail information as in report/ dashboard usage metrics. Some ideas similar with what you expect have been submitted ,you can vote for them below:

General Usage Metrics Report

Standard Usgae Metrics Reports

For your scenario, there is a blog talking about Power BI Usage Metrics across all workspaces, please kindly refer to.

Here are some similar threads:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/All-Apps-workspaces-and-report-usage-metrics-within-organis...

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AnandNamburi ,

If you are a Power BI admin, you can go to Admin Portal-> Usage Metrics to see which users and groups, are the most active within Power BI for your organization. This will not show detail information as in report/ dashboard usage metrics. Some ideas similar with what you expect have been submitted ,you can vote for them below:

General Usage Metrics Report

Standard Usgae Metrics Reports

For your scenario, there is a blog talking about Power BI Usage Metrics across all workspaces, please kindly refer to.

Here are some similar threads:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/All-Apps-workspaces-and-report-usage-metrics-within-organis...

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

goncalogeraldes
Super User
Super User

Hello there @AnandNamburi ! If I understood your question correctly you want your report usage metrics. Power BI provides these metrics to you through the PBI Service. Its quite limited on the analysis it provides but its a good start for you to use the dataset for your own metrics. Please check the following link on how to obtain it:

https://www.dataideology.com/implementing-power-bi-report-usage-metrics/

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-How-to-view-Usage-metrics-in-Power-BI-works...

Hope this answer solves your problem! If you need any additional help please tag me in your reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️ or give it a kudoe 👍
Thanks!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Geraldes

Hi Goncalogeraldes,

Thanks for sharing the link.

But here my requirement is to tell about all the data sources/reports that got published to servisce.

The report that I need to build should be a generic one it need to tell about all the activities like how many users getting logged in to servisce and how many accessing a space/spaces e.t.c

Thanks,

Anand

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors