Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Rajeshkumaryarl
Helper II
Helper II

Invalid connections to snowflake for dataflow

Hi Everyone, 

I am facing a peculiar issue for a dataflow we created from snowflake sources. It was fine from many days. But all of a sudden, the dataflow is failing with the below error: 

The credentials provided for the Snowflake source are invalid.

Could some one help us on this ?? 

Regards, 

Rajesh Kumar Yarlagadda

3 REPLIES 3
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rajeshkumaryarl ,

The first thing that I would do is to confirm that the userid you are using is the same one that you have been using.  Also, confirm that the password has not changed.  Or, confirm that the password has not expired.  Or, perhaps even that the userid is not "locked" for some reason.

Also, in Snowflake itself you may want to confirm that the userid has the appropriate role(s) and has the appropriate permissions to the warehouse(s) that it needs.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hi. I have checked all the options you have provided. My role, password expiration etc. Everything looks fine. But getting this error. Initially , the datflow was on full load. Yesterday, we configured incremental load. and then dataflow started failing with this error. This vanised the data and dataset showing blank data completely. 

Hey @Rajeshkumaryarl ,

I am not sure then about the validation issue, maybe Snowflake support can help?  As for the data being gone, that does make sense.  When a dataflow runs in a new mode (like changing to incremental) it clears the data from the existing table and rewrites it.  BUT, if it fails in the re-write then there is no data there anymore so I wouldn't be too concerned about the data being "gone" as this will come back as soon as you get the permissions bit worked out.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors