Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

VSI

Installing an app automatically is disabled when one audience-tab is set to Entire organization

Hi,

I have enabled publishing apps to the entire organization and also pushing apps to end users in Admin portal:

VSI_0-1679471162579.png

Still when I go to the setup of an app it shows Install this app automatically setting as disabled. I have one audience tab granted to the entire organization and when I took the selection off, the automatic installation selection was enabled again.

This relates to a problem where users in my organization can't see the reports in sharepoint when they are published as apps and the tab is granted to the entire organization. I wonder if pushing the app solves this original problem if I get it sorted.

I didn't find any information about this or similar problems with the new audiences functionality.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-VSI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That is a safeguard. Otherwise your app would indeed be installed for all users in your AD. This would lead to an immense pollution very quickly if other apps do the same, and will make it much harder for your users to find the app they are interested in.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That is a safeguard. Otherwise your app would indeed be installed for all users in your AD. This would lead to an immense pollution very quickly if other apps do the same, and will make it much harder for your users to find the app they are interested in.

Thanks for clarifying this. I guess we'll have to tackle this with AD groups then. If it doesn't solve my original problem, I'll make another post about it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors