Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

AShah1

Inserting Tabs from 1 Report in Navigation Pane

Hello!

I am working with creating an app on Power BI for my org. In a particular app, we have one big report that we can publish with many individual tabs. We would like each of these tabs to appear in the Power BI navigation pane (i.e. the one pictured below).

Does anyone know how I can upload a single report, and have each individual tab appear in the navigation pane? Any help would be amazing!

1.JPG

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @AShah1 

So far,in the workspace list view, you can only decide which dashboards and reports you want Included in app.

Powerbi does not support selecting which report tabs need to be included in the App.

As a workaround, you can split your original report into multiple independent reports named after your tabs ,then upload them to the same workspace.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @AShah1 

Please check whether these contents are include in app.

Screenshot 2020-11-20 105944.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Thank you for your response! Our report has the "Include in App" toggled to yes. However, we only have 1 report we want. That report has multiple tabs. We would like each individual tab of the report to appear in the naviagation pane. Is this a possibility?

HI @AShah1 ,

Is there RLS on this report?  I am wondering if that is doing something?  If not, I think it might be time to open a ticket because it appears like it should be working.  Please let us know the resolution.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @AShah1 ,

I am not sure of the issue.  I just did a quick test, I created an app off of our COVID report.  It is one report and has multiple tabs.  And, it came in as you are requesting.  What is yours doing that you are not expecting?navigation.jpg

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hello,

Thank you for your response. Below I have a screenshot that shows our report with the multiple tabs at the bottom. In the second screenshot you can see the view when we try to create thae app. It doesn't seem to recognize the seperate tabs.

InkedMicrosoftTeams-image_LI.jpg

InkedMicrosoftTeams-image (1)_LI.jpg

If you know why this could be the case please let me know! 

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors