Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

unicorns
Helper II
Helper II

Importing multiple tables from Power BI dataset? (premium license only)

Hello,

I currently have a pro license so I'm not sure how importing Power BI dataset into the desktop file works- it looks like it's premium feature only. From researching, it seems that you can only import 1 table at a time? is that true?

I currently have a Power BI dataset in our workspace and that dataset consists of multiple tables. 

If I have a premium license, can I import all those tables or it only allows one table import under premium license? 

thanks for your help 

1 REPLY 1
m-colbert
Resolver II
Resolver II

If you are trying to read tables from a Power BI dataset (i.e Analysis Services), you would connect using the XMLA endpoint, and this requires the dataset is hosted in a workspace backed by premium capacity or PPU.  From Power BI, connect using Azure Analysis Services. Easiest way to get individual data and not connect directly to the model (cube), use a DAX query. Below uses a single evaluate to return the entire customer table. 

AnalysisServices.Database("powerbi://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/{worksapce name}", "{datasent name}", [Query="evaluate 'Customer'"])

You will have to do this same method for each table to you want to bring in.

Hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors