Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sherry_R
Advocate I
Advocate I

Impersonation problems with new navigation pane

It seems that with the recent update to the workspace navigation pane we have lost the ability to switch reports when impersonating a user ("view as"). Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

Previously, I was able to go to a dataset's security settings, "Test as Role," expand the pane, and then use the drop-down under the workspace name to switch to another report that uses the same dataset while keeping the impersonation turned on. Now, that pane can't be expanded and that drop-down is missing, and I can only use the impersonation on the dataset itself. Is there another way to see the list of reports in the workspace in order to switch reports while keeping the impersonation on?

Sherry_R_0-1678488034219.png

1 REPLY 1
aechague
Advocate II
Advocate II

The list of the same workspace was on the green ribbon on top of the security impersonation, here:

aechague_0-1697038820074.png

the problem for me is that some weeks ago that it was possible to move between reports of other workspaces. Now that is not possible, or at least, in that list are not present the reports from other workspaces... Someone knows how to watch reports from a different workspace now?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors