Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

taypea

I have a powerbi dashboard that is saved/embedded to a sharepoint list, can I save this elsewhere?

I have a powerbi dashboard that is saved to a sharepoint list, can I save this to the sharepoint document library? I am trying to connect it to the powerapp

3 REPLIES 3
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @taypea ,

I think that you have a lot of things packed into this question. 

When you use the word "dashboard" do you mean the dashboard or do you mean a report page from a report that you are using as a dashboard?  When you say that you have a dashboard saved to a sharepoint list - do you mean that you have the .pbix file saved in SharePoint?  Or, do you mean that you have embedded the dashboard into SharePoint?

If you are saving a file into SharePoint as the .pbix file, then, by definition that is not in a list but in a document library already.  So, I am not sure about the distinctin there.

Finally, you are trying to connect to a powerapp.  What are you doing with the powerapp and what are you connecting to and how does that relate to SharePoint?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hi @collinq 

Thanks for the quick reply. 

taypea_0-1686666088441.png

I am referring to "dashboard" as the picture above, it is embedded with in the list. Is that technically called a report page?

I am trying to connect powerbi "JSA Report" to the powerapp to be able to visualize within the app and after a submission. These are all tied back to the sharepoint list stated above. 

Hopefully that gave a little more context and youre able to understand what I am trying to do. 

Hey @taypea ,

What tool are you in when you are seeing this list?  Is that a Power Automate screen?

Either way, when you click on "Dashboard" to see that Power BI report it should open with a URL.  It depends on where that report was built/saved (Power BI or on the fly in this program) as to how to go about getting a copy of it.

When the report opens, does it have the file-download the file option?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors