Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jdc

I cannot create an account! HELP!!

I tried creating an account, but I tried too many times (only 3-4 over a day) and I was locked out. I have just set up my own company, jamie@heliosanalytics.xyz, but the setup page is refusing to allow me to set up. Below is the message. This is ridiculous. I need this fixed asap, as my workflow is dependent on PowerBI. If someone picks up this message and can help, i would be extremely appreciative!!! Also, my preferred personal email is jamiecoutts1@gmail.com - pls use this as well when correspnding. Please HELP!!!

We're sorry, but Power BI Pro isn't available for your account associated with jamie@heliosanalytics.xyz. Sign in with a work email address instead

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @jdc 

You cant signup with public domain like Gmail, YahooMail because Power BI report sharing based on domain specific. For the reason, public domain is not available to signup.
You can use your company domain, but is heliosanalytics.xyz your own register domain? You already signup with the domain? or you can try singin.

Let me know if that works for you

If your requirement is solved, please mark THIS ANSWER as SOLUTION ✔️ and help other users find the solution quickly. Please hit the Thumbs Up 👍 button if this comment helps you.

Thanks
Pijush
Linkedin

View solution in original post

v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @jdc 

As PijushRoy explains, this may have something to do with domains. When troubleshooting domain issues, consider using a different work email address associated with the recognized domain, if available. This can be a temporary measure to help you get started with Power BI.

If you have access to the Microsoft 365 admin center for your domain, check to make sure that your account or domain's Power BI service isn't restricted. You can check out the following related links:

Solved: Not able to create a POWER BI account - Microsoft Fabric Community

Since you mentioned being locked out after multiple attempts, there may be a temporary lock-up period. Waiting a few hours and trying again can sometimes resolve the issue.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @jdc 

As PijushRoy explains, this may have something to do with domains. When troubleshooting domain issues, consider using a different work email address associated with the recognized domain, if available. This can be a temporary measure to help you get started with Power BI.

If you have access to the Microsoft 365 admin center for your domain, check to make sure that your account or domain's Power BI service isn't restricted. You can check out the following related links:

Solved: Not able to create a POWER BI account - Microsoft Fabric Community

Since you mentioned being locked out after multiple attempts, there may be a temporary lock-up period. Waiting a few hours and trying again can sometimes resolve the issue.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @jdc 

You cant signup with public domain like Gmail, YahooMail because Power BI report sharing based on domain specific. For the reason, public domain is not available to signup.
You can use your company domain, but is heliosanalytics.xyz your own register domain? You already signup with the domain? or you can try singin.

Let me know if that works for you

If your requirement is solved, please mark THIS ANSWER as SOLUTION ✔️ and help other users find the solution quickly. Please hit the Thumbs Up 👍 button if this comment helps you.

Thanks
Pijush
Linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors