Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sirros_iot
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hybrid dataset modelling issue

Hello all,

Can I use data modelling functions with hybrid API dataset? I can't use functions like calculated columns and I'm not sure about what really is the problem. Do you know something about it?

I import the dataset from PBI service to PBI desktop and I still not having some tools: calculated columns for exemple.

Thanks, 

Diego

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @sirros_iot,

>>I can't use functions like calculated columns and I'm not sure about what really is the problem. Do you know something about it?

Current power bi not support add custom steps or do some customize in query editor when you use direct query mode.

In addition, when you get data from power bi service, it will switch to live connection mode which disable most of edit function.

For difference of these connection model, please refer to below link:

Power BI – Live connection vs. Import, comparison and limitations

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @sirros_iot,

>>I can't use functions like calculated columns and I'm not sure about what really is the problem. Do you know something about it?

Current power bi not support add custom steps or do some customize in query editor when you use direct query mode.

In addition, when you get data from power bi service, it will switch to live connection mode which disable most of edit function.

For difference of these connection model, please refer to below link:

Power BI – Live connection vs. Import, comparison and limitations

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply, I'll see the topic.

Regards,

Diego

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors