Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dom99
Advocate V
Advocate V

How to structure workspaces for embedded report create/save

Hi,

We are looking at embedding reports in our application which external users can edit and save copies of.

We are trying to work out what the best workspace structure should be for application users saving their own reports, even if the number created exceeds the 1000 workspace limit.

If someone could help me answer the following question I would be grateful.

What is the recommended workspace structure for this scenario?

Does the workspace limit include reports which use a shared dataset from a different workspace?

Are we expected to duplicate the dataset to a second workspace when we hit the limit?

Is there a limit on the number of workspaces you can have?

I would appreciate your input.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

which external users can edit 

Are you sure you want to do that? If yes then it might be easier to send them the  pbix.

Thanks for the reply, sorry for the delayed response

We want end users to be able to generate their own reports from a shared dataset. We will control the dataset, they will create reports on the dataset, but we want to save the reports in our own tennent. The dataset will use RLS.

This will be done via our external customer facing website.

We can save the reports to a workspace, but not sure what the best practise would be for where to store them, how to structure the workspaces etc.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors