Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TamilselviK
Helper I
Helper I

How to store past data to perform trend analsysis

Hi,

I have 6 tables in Power BI data flow. by consolidating and Transforming these tables I have created one Final table.

With the Final table i have created the dashboard. My Finaltable contains only refresh day data (only the data of the day i refresh).

I want this table to contain or store past data. I have a premium subscription. How to achieve this.

Regards,

TK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TamilselviK ,

When the data is stored in the data stream and the data source is deleted, when the data is refreshed, the historical data will be lost because the historical data does not exist. On this basis, first ensure that the data source exists, and then create a data flow entity to save historical data, and then configure incremental refresh to obtain historical data.

For details, please refer to the following blog.

Historical Data Preservation using Power BI Dataflow - Visual BI Solutions

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TamilselviK ,

When the data is stored in the data stream and the data source is deleted, when the data is refreshed, the historical data will be lost because the historical data does not exist. On this basis, first ensure that the data source exists, and then create a data flow entity to save historical data, and then configure incremental refresh to obtain historical data.

For details, please refer to the following blog.

Historical Data Preservation using Power BI Dataflow - Visual BI Solutions

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors