Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mmace1
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

How to share tabs from multiple Workspaces, in a single place

We have multiple Reports across multiple Workspaces, which utilize multiple Datasets

Department A would like a report that is a mix of:

• Tab 1 from Report A in Workspace A, which utilizes Dataset 1
  • Tab 3 from Report B in Workspace A, which utilizes Dataset 1
  • Tab 7 from Report A in Workspace D, which utilizes Dataset 3
    etc.

I thought we could just Pin each of those tabs desired tabs to a Dashboard - & share the Dashboard.  But, it's not possible to pin a tab to a dashboard that lives in a different workspace.  

The other option is to copy all of those reports over to a new workspace. Delete every tab that is undesired. Publish the resulting work in an App.

Downside: If you ever want to change the visuals, etc. - have to do it in two places now

I can only think of that single, bleh-solution.  Are there others?  I see old solutions involving content packs, but those are depcreated in favor of Apps. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @mmace1 

There is really no good way, because the creation and location of your report is not rigorous, causing problems now.  Is it possible to move the report of workspace D to workspace A so that only one needs to be changed? You can also consider adding RLS, cross report drill through. 

Reference:Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Use cross-report drill through in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Try to put the things that need to be displayed in the same report or the same workspace. You can add different permissions to different users to meet their needs. This is the most correct way. Thanks.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @mmace1 

Here is a simple workaround, You can copy the reports containing tab1, 3, and 7 to a new workspace, then pin the pages you need to the same dashboard, and then share it with department A.

3.png

If it doesn’t solve your problem, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-janeyg-msft 

That was my (probably poorly described) 'meh' solution.  Meh because then the reports gave been duplciated, and can diverge if both aren't updated. 

It does seem to be the only option, though. 

Hi, @mmace1 

Is the same reportA in your description?

1.png

If you want to update synchronously, I think you really need to make changes first.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

No, different reports. 

Hi, @mmace1 

There is really no good way, because the creation and location of your report is not rigorous, causing problems now.  Is it possible to move the report of workspace D to workspace A so that only one needs to be changed? You can also consider adding RLS, cross report drill through. 

Reference:Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Use cross-report drill through in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Try to put the things that need to be displayed in the same report or the same workspace. You can add different permissions to different users to meet their needs. This is the most correct way. Thanks.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors