Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mube78092
Regular Visitor

How to see the size of a data set

Hi there,

I would like to see the storage of a specific dataset. As shown in the following post, you should see the size of every dataset.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/How-do-I-check-the-size-of-a-dataset-published-to-to-the-Po... 

What if I dont see a specific report there that I published to that workspace? I see lots of my colleagues, but not the one from me in that workspace.  I see the register card "Owned by us" only and not the "Owned by me" one. Could it be, because it is "owned by me"? (If so, how can I change the ownership to "us"?)

I import data (not direct query) from snowflake for my fact-table and I have a static table which I import through a small csv. 

Further I couldn't check the size via Dataset --> Settings --> Large Dataset storage format. My colleagues saw the size there, for me it only says "For most Premium capacities, using large dataset storage format can improve performance".

Your advice is highly appreciated! Thank you very much in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You can try the option :

I assume you are a member of the workspace that contains the dataset you want to check.

Hit the gear icon in the top right corner:

mahakrathore_2-1654179569219.png

Select "Manage group storage"

mahakrathore_1-1654179438797.png

cheers

M

I'm admin and I can't see it that way

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also admin for same. The only part is you should be part of that workspace. So you can go to Admin Portal > Add yourself to the workspace and then check. Or you can also use Rest API for same without becoming the part of it : 
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/datasets/getdataset

Cheers

Mahak

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors