Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

LisaBrown
Regular Visitor

How to schedule a refresh on data sourced from MS Teams

Hi All,

I've created a report in desktop using an Excel Data Source in MS Teams. I've published this on-line to the Premium Service but am unable to schedule a refresh to the data. I'm being asked for my credentials (at which point i enter my Microsoft Username & Password) but continue to get an 'Invalid credentials' message. Has anyone done this successfully? I'd appreciate your feedback on how you did it. Thanks In Advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
colbertm

Excel files in Teams are stored in sharepoint. Access the file from the underlying SharePoint site and then use oAuth2 authetication to refresh in the service.

View solution in original post

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @LisaBrown 

In Power BI Desktop, have you used Sharepoint Folder Connector or WEB connector to build your report?

Many fall into the mistake when connecting to a folder in Teams, Sharepoint Folder connector must be used.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @LisaBrown 

In Power BI Desktop, have you used Sharepoint Folder Connector or WEB connector to build your report?

Many fall into the mistake when connecting to a folder in Teams, Sharepoint Folder connector must be used.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

colbertm

Excel files in Teams are stored in sharepoint. Access the file from the underlying SharePoint site and then use oAuth2 authetication to refresh in the service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors