Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

PushkarP
Helper I
Helper I

How to remove access of existing user

Hi,

This may sound pretty obvious, however, I do need help on this.

How do I remove access of an report user? It used to be pretty easy under Manage Permission. However, I couldn't find such option after  the 'new sharing experience'.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Pushkar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SushainKoul
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @PushkarP ,

First go to your report in Power BI Service.com

Second after selecting any report click on the Share tab at the top shown as below.

SushainKoul_0-1622458770251.png

After clicking the Share tab, u will following window:

SushainKoul_1-1622458821847.png

Click on the 3 dots. Once u click it u will get Manage permission option. Select that.

Once u click Manage permission option, u will get a window on the right side something like as shown below:

SushainKoul_2-1622458900154.png

Click on the Advanced option.

U will get another window where u will be able to see something like this:

SushainKoul_3-1622459002756.png

Select Direct access and scroll towards right. Except u being the owner u will see 3 dots on all the members whom u have shared the report. Click on those 3 dots and u will get to two options. Out of two option one is Remove Access.

Hope it helps u.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SushainKoul
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @PushkarP ,

First go to your report in Power BI Service.com

Second after selecting any report click on the Share tab at the top shown as below.

SushainKoul_0-1622458770251.png

After clicking the Share tab, u will following window:

SushainKoul_1-1622458821847.png

Click on the 3 dots. Once u click it u will get Manage permission option. Select that.

Once u click Manage permission option, u will get a window on the right side something like as shown below:

SushainKoul_2-1622458900154.png

Click on the Advanced option.

U will get another window where u will be able to see something like this:

SushainKoul_3-1622459002756.png

Select Direct access and scroll towards right. Except u being the owner u will see 3 dots on all the members whom u have shared the report. Click on those 3 dots and u will get to two options. Out of two option one is Remove Access.

Hope it helps u.

This doesn't work. It will remove the user from the users-who-have-access list; however, they still have access regardless of being on the list as having access or not. 

Hi Sushain,
I have removed access for user in the workspace and applied RLS. Still the user is able to view all the data.RLS is not working for that particular user.
I have given Read permissions for that user

Thank you @SushainKoul. It worked.

Your Welcome.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors