Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to protect a sensitive table in the shared dataset

Hello! I have a shared dataset in workspace A , and several reports based on the shared dataset are published in workspace B. I grant different users to read different reports in workspace B. However I found no matter which report I grant them to access, all of the user can view the shared dataset in workspace A. In my shared dataset I have a table with sensitive data, and I don't want these users except 2 users to read the sensitive data in the shared dataset. Pls guide how I can do. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Provide only viewer or read access to the users except those 2 users. This will make sure that the users won't see the underlying data.

That is unrelated.  Anyone with Build access can see the underlying data. RLS will still show the tables. Only OLS will completely hide them.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,
Provide only viewer or read access to the users except those 2 users. This will make sure that the users won't see the underlying data.
If you have sinsitive data showcased on the dashboard itself, then you will have to apply RLS in order to hide/show data according to the user account.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

That is unrelated.  Anyone with Build access can see the underlying data. RLS will still show the tables. Only OLS will completely hide them.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Apply OLS to that table, or remove it from the dataset.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors