Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

calimero48
Helper II
Helper II

How to get in paginated report the reportid or workspace id

Hi Guys,

We have the same report to in differents workspaces. The report has hidden parameters and we want theses parameters depanding on the workspaces.

The RLS is not an options and do not work in our case.

Is it a way to get the workspace id / name or report id / name as paramater / variable in a paginated report?

Thanks in advance for your help

Best Regards

4 REPLIES 4
calimero48
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

My request is to get it inside an ssrs report. 

Your solution work with an api but do not respond (I already do this with powershell etc)

In SSRS, you have systems parameters and i want to know if there is a parameter containing the workspace id and the report id automaticaly full filled when your launch the SSRS report or a way to get them.

Regards

v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @calimero48 ,

When you open a report in the Power BI service, you can find the WorkspaceID and Report ID from the URL.

The format of the URL is similar to https://app.powerbi.com/groups/{workspaceId}/reports/{reportId}/...

If you want to deal with these IDs programmatically, you may want to check out the Power BI REST API documentation.

Reports - Get Reports - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

vhuijieymsft_0-1718331758562.png

These two cases may help you, please check:

Solved: Get Report ID of RDL Report that is embedded insid... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Solved: How To Obtain Report ID of RDL/Paginated Report th... - Microsoft Fabric Community

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

Hi,

Thanks for the response but that do not fill my request.

I need to get the reportid insisde the paginated report, il do not see any system variable or function to do it.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in avance

Regards

Hi @calimero48 ,

You need to use both APIs together.

Use an administrator account to enable metadata scanning in the admin portal, and then use Admin - WorkspaceInfo PostWorkspaceInfo - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn to obtain a scan ID.

vhuijieymsft_0-1718588783625.png

Put the obtained scanid in Admin - WorkspaceInfo GetScanResult - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn , filter "reportType":"PaginatedReport" in the returned json file, and then you can get the id of the corresponding paginated report.

vhuijieymsft_1-1718588783628.png

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.