Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

karo
Post Patron
Post Patron

How to customize Feature Usage and Adoption Report (Admin Monitoring for Tenant Admins)

Hi,

Is there any way to grant permanent Member access to Admin monitoring Workspace?

I would like to be able to edit and customize the report at least in similar way as Capacity Metrics Analysis (Premium Capacity Utilization And Metrics). Is it possible?

Regards

Karo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bogdanblaga
Employee
Employee

hi @karo , this is indeed possible. please see similar thread Solved: Re: Unable to view Feature Usage and Adoption data... - Microsoft Fabric Community and available documentation.

Here is an excerpt from first blog post about Admin Monitoring.

• To take advantage of Power BI native support for composite data modelling, the out-of-box dataset can be reused and enhanced with additional data such as user licensing information, artifact lineage, regional or department-specific metadata. This facilitates customized reporting based on individual organizational scenarios.

Next Steps

• See here to learn about Admin Monitoring workspace and here to learn about the Feature Usage and Adoption dataset/report

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bogdanblaga
Employee
Employee

hi @karo , this is indeed possible. please see similar thread Solved: Re: Unable to view Feature Usage and Adoption data... - Microsoft Fabric Community and available documentation.

Here is an excerpt from first blog post about Admin Monitoring.

• To take advantage of Power BI native support for composite data modelling, the out-of-box dataset can be reused and enhanced with additional data such as user licensing information, artifact lineage, regional or department-specific metadata. This facilitates customized reporting based on individual organizational scenarios.

Next Steps

• See here to learn about Admin Monitoring workspace and here to learn about the Feature Usage and Adoption dataset/report

I tried this out because I wanted to be able to drill down for more information because I thought things were returning incorrectly.

It looks like the dataset driving this has missing relationships. When I try to look at how many reports are in a workspace, I get a count of all reports (making me think workspace Id is not related between Workspaces/Reports). I think this is happening in other places as well.

I would expect to be able to see which users look at which report in which workspace. But that type of analysis is not possible given the current dataset.

Thank you @bogdanblaga .

Indeed, we can use Create report (via Power BI Service) or connect via Get data - Power BI datasets. Feature Usage and Adoption Model is clean and rather easy to use and understand. However, it would be nice also to have an opportunity to "spy” how Engineers from Microsoft built it and only customize selected visuals, not building report from the scratch (like we can in Capacity Metrics Analysis).  Maybe in future 😉

Also, possibility to grant only Viewer Role (without possibility to easily remove it) seems like quite important limitation. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors