Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create dashboard with different tables/charts from different reports in different workspaces

Dear community,

I would like to create a dashboard as a summary of tables / charts from different reports which are stored in different workspaces. I will create a special workspace for that purpose. 

How can I create such a summary dashboard, since my understanding is that you only can link to reports in the same workspace. 

Thanks in advance for sharing your view on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

as far as I know you cannot pin directly to a dashboard from another workspace.

You can duplicate your reports and connect them to the data set in the different workspaces. Then publish that reports to your "special workspace".

From the reports in that workspace you can create a dashboard. The different visuals can be based on the data sets in different workspaces, but the reports have to exist in the workspace of the dashboard.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
joglidden2
Post Patron
Post Patron

I don't like these proposed solutions because now you have multiple copies of the same report published across multiple workspaces. I GAUR-AN-TEE you will fix the report in one location some day, and not bother to fix it in the other locations. Not good. 

What I think I'll try is to create an image of the visual, and then make that a link to the other report in the other workspace. If the clicker has permissions to that target, then it should work, and if not, they are likely to get the appropriate message/page. The trouble with this is that the image needs to be consistent, or also updated. But at least you will only be dealing with one report. 

Thoughts?

Sumanth_23
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

hi @Anonymous - as mentioned by @selimovd  you can only pin visuals to a particular dashboard from within the same workspace. There is no limitation on the variety and location of sources that the reports themselves are connected to.

You can save a copy of the reports to your dashboard workspace and then pin visuals from the report copies to your dashboard. 

The report copies would be connected to the underlying dataset and hence would not require any additional maintenance. 

Sumanth_23_0-1622577246270.png

If my response helped with your question please provide a 👍 and mark the post as a solution as this will help others in the community with a similar question. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

as far as I know you cannot pin directly to a dashboard from another workspace.

You can duplicate your reports and connect them to the data set in the different workspaces. Then publish that reports to your "special workspace".

From the reports in that workspace you can create a dashboard. The different visuals can be based on the data sets in different workspaces, but the reports have to exist in the workspace of the dashboard.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors