Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

yohannes_adeba
Frequent Visitor

How to configure Python libraries for Power BI without clashing with an existing Conda enviroment?

I am having trouble using Python libraries with Power BI because the existing conda environment (other project) is conflicting with Power BI Python (version mismatch). Is there a way to install and configure Python libraries that work with Power BI from scratch, without interfering with my conda environment? I have tried creating a new conda environment with the libraries that Power BI supports, but I am still having problems.

I would be glad if anyone provided me with a video reference/link, in addition to the answers/reply here.

Thank you so much for the usual support.

2 REPLIES 2
sergej_og
Super User
Super User

Power BI Service struggles a bit with py libraries. There are a few pre-installed but by far not enough.
Fabric is doing better on this.
Do you have Fabric in access?
You can istall libraries you want/need in demand in Fabric for using py scripts.

Thank you. No, I don't have the license for Fabric. I'll be looking forward to the upcoming solutions on this matter.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors