Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

j_w
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to allow external user to access a shared workspace and all reports in that workspace?

Have successfully invited an external user from Azure Active Directory, and added this external user into the Power BI workspace that I would like to share, as below:

j_w_0-1666068090727.png

But why the external user still couldn't access the above shared workspace, and encountered the below error message when trying to open the workspace URL directly:

j_w_1-1666068237575.png

How to allow external user to access a shared workspace and all reports in that workspace?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @j_w 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

please try to share the tenant url to that user, 

vxiaotang_0-1667295982211.png

FYI: Power BI B2B External Collaboration – Data – Marc (data-marc.com)

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @j_w 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

please try to share the tenant url to that user, 

vxiaotang_0-1667295982211.png

FYI: Power BI B2B External Collaboration – Data – Marc (data-marc.com)

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

j_w
Helper IV
Helper IV

@AnkitKukreja I think I have done the tanent settings and it was not working having the issue described in this question post.

j_w_0-1666126962786.png

And we try to avoid sharing dataset option, the external user don't know how to create Power BI reports.

AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi! @j_w 

Please check the settings on the tenant page are enabled. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-admin-azure-ad-b2b#enable-access

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-portal-export-sharing#allow-external-...

Also, now you can share your data across tenants - https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-cross-tenant-power-bi-dataset-sharing/

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors