Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mohsenakhavan

How to Identity and Access management Power BI services with Azure Data Explorer (ADX)?

I have an Azure Data Explorer that the Power BI services (Data Source) connect to the ADX with personal user credentials.

Also, I have to add this user in Azure Data Explorer permission. Now I want to know, is there any way to remove the user account and use another solution like Service Principal or Manage Identity?

3 REPLIES 3
mohsenakhavan

Hi @GilbertQ ,

Thanks for your response. For more clarity, where can I add the service principal?
(I have the below steps)

mohsenakhavan_0-1689609284291.png

mohsenakhavan_1-1689609370154.png

mohsenakhavan_2-1689609414110.png

Hi @mohsenakhavan 

You should be able to change the Athentication Method and then use the service principal. Or if the option is Key then you would need to configure a key to be used.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @mohsenakhavan 

Yes it is possible, you can create a service principal and then also assign it the required permissions. Then you can update the data source credentials in the Power BI Service to be used.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors