Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Data_BI_1998

How ignore selected slicer when i using formula

Hello
I have such kind of trouble in my report:
I have table which including dates, sales and other category (does not matter) and i have some date  slicer on report page, so my aim is when i click some date at slicer result shoud be click dates-previous date. 
but becouse of selected slicer it does not work.
here is example:
selected date in slicer is 27/02/2022 
so i want  sum of sales 27/02/2022 - sum of 26/02/2022 (becouse of slicer  sum of 26/02/2022 is blank)
thank you

1 REPLY 1
edhans
Super User
Super User

You would need to capture that date, the recalculate the sum of sales using CALCULATE by removing the filter on the date table, then include only today and the previous date in the total.

But you will need to provide some data and confirm you are using a date table in the model. 

How to get good help fast. Help us help you.

How To Ask A Technical Question If you Really Want An Answer

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Give us a good and concise explanation
How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Provide data in a table format per the link, or share an Excel/CSV file via OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.. Provide expected output using a screenshot of Excel or other image. Do not provide a screenshot of the source data. I cannot paste an image into Power BI tables.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors