Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mpadovan

How can I tell what licensing I have attached to my user?

We are incorporating Power BI as an enterprise solution to some of our reporting needs however because our IET service manages licensing, we are having issues finding out what users have pro license attached to their user profiles. Is there an easy way that one can tell if you're accessing a free account or a pro account? Perhaps something under a profile or a setting? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @mpadovan,

When you logon the Power BI Service, you can check if you have a Pro account by going to the gear icon and selecting Manage personal storage.

q4.PNG

q3.PNG

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for asking this question.  I also needed to determine if I had a license as well.  Thanks!

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@mpadovan In power bi service, go to settings icon and you will see what type of account you have. That is at the individual level. If your organisation has O365 then anyone with global admin / user management admin can assing power bi licenses and I believe can see them as well on who has what type of account.

When I click on the settings icon (the gear) I see items for Content Pack (create & view), manage gateways, settings, dev tools, and embed codes management. When clicking into settings (or any of those options really) I don't see what the individual license is for the profile. Perhaps you could be more specific on how one would obtian that information.

Hi @mpadovan,

When you logon the Power BI Service, you can check if you have a Pro account by going to the gear icon and selecting Manage personal storage.

q4.PNG

q3.PNG

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

What if I don't have the 'Manage personal storage' option under the cog? How do I know then?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you...was what I wanted to verify.  Now I need to know why email notification doesn't display optional message when sharing reports with associates.

Why does Microsoft hide your license status here?  Why isn't it clearly stated on your account?  Once again Google provides the means by which one can figure out how unintuitive Microsoft software works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today when i logged in pop-up apperead saying "Welcome to PowerBI Premium.

(Nowadays I requested premium license from my company, It was about to be confirmed..)

When I check my licence status I see i am stilla free user..  Why could it be? Why did I see Premium pop-up?

Thanks! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is possible your company had Pro-User based implementation to start with and moved to Power BI Premium.  There is sweet spot where user-based licence is more expensive then Power BI Premium in which case companies move to Premium.

As an end user you would not see the transformation, may be this message is to notify you are moved to Premium.

Regards

::High-five!:: 

Thank you so much.

@ankitpatira

What if the client does not have O365 account but has 10 power bi service licences. How to find out who is using which type of licence.

Aside to this if you do not have O365 account how to set up multiple users of the same organisation in power bi service.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors