Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Christann
Helper IV
Helper IV

How can I give access for my Power BI Service app to someone with a email in a different domain?

I only have Power BI Pro for a short term free trial while I learn Power BI, is there a way to grant access to my Power BI Service app to someone whose e-mail is in a different domain without them also having "Pro"?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Christann

Yes this can be done, when you share your dashboard or report, you can put in the user's email address outside of your domain.

They will sign up for Power BI and then get access to the dashboard or report that you have shared.

If the user does not have a Power BI Pro license, they will have the option to sign up for a Power BI Trial account also.

Here are more details around Sharing in Power BI with B2B

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-expands-access-to-intelligence-for-external-guest-...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Christann
Helper IV
Helper IV

I will only have the free trial of Power BI PRO for a short time while I learn Power BI. Is there any way to add someone to my app without "BI Pro", when their e-mail has a different domain? Thanks! As you can tell I am pretty new to Power BI.

Hi @Christann

Yes this can be done, when you share your dashboard or report, you can put in the user's email address outside of your domain.

They will sign up for Power BI and then get access to the dashboard or report that you have shared.

If the user does not have a Power BI Pro license, they will have the option to sign up for a Power BI Trial account also.

Here are more details around Sharing in Power BI with B2B

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-expands-access-to-intelligence-for-external-guest-...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors