Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

daandamhuis
Advocate I
Advocate I

(Help) Page filters aren't working (New)

Hi,

It all started last friday after the release of the Personal Bookmarks, but we are currently experiencing issues with filtering Power BI Online reports. The new page filters won't filter the report. The only workaround we have right now is the select the value I want to filter, and then press refresh on the report. But that only helps if the labels can be selected (See: Chrome Dev tools error). In the Attachment you'll see two screenshots with Chrome Dev Tools trowing an error each time a filter is pressed

• I checked the SSAS instance with the profiler and Power BI doesn't send a DAX query to the SSAS cube unless I press refresh on the report. Cross filtering is working.
  • We are using LiveQuery. That’s why I can see that no DAX is being send to the SSAS Cube (via the profiler).
  • All the filters aren't working, Report, Page and Visual.
  • Did try to unpublish the app and  publish it again, didn't work
  • Removed the report and published it again.
  • It does work in Power BI Desktop, but not in Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge and the Power BI Mobile App

Is someone experiencing the same issues?

First errorFirst error

Second ErrorSecond Error

Third ErrorThird Error

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking in to it closer the issue is the line of code in the theme trying to set font and style, removing that part in the custom theme then the filter works. But then you need to adress the visuals one-by-one in the theme if you want to change fonts,styles etc.

Ex gives blank filters:

"visualStyles":{"*":{"*":{"*":[{"fontSize":10,"fontFamily":"Segoe UI","color":{"solid":{}}}],"general":[{"responsive":true}]}}}

No errors on filters

"visualStyles":{"*":{"*":{"*":[]}}

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
daandamhuis
Advocate I
Advocate I

Is this such an isolated issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking in to it closer the issue is the line of code in the theme trying to set font and style, removing that part in the custom theme then the filter works. But then you need to adress the visuals one-by-one in the theme if you want to change fonts,styles etc.

Ex gives blank filters:

"visualStyles":{"*":{"*":{"*":[{"fontSize":10,"fontFamily":"Segoe UI","color":{"solid":{}}}],"general":[{"responsive":true}]}}}

No errors on filters

"visualStyles":{"*":{"*":{"*":[]}}

Thanks! I removed all the Visual Style elements from the theme and only left the colors.. That did the trick.

Cool, I'll try that and let you know if it works.

rfolkes
Regular Visitor

Can confirm I can reproduce the same behaviour as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, Same issue for us! All filters are blank! Any update from Microsoft on this one please?

No, not yet. I don't why it takes this long..

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors