Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

M_OConnor
Helper I
Helper I

Has there been an outage today? 'Cannot load Model'

Hi Everyone

Out of the blue, there is one report on our server where we "Cannot Load Model... Couldn't load the model schema associated with this report. Make sure you have a connection to the server, and try again.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details." I have a colleague who could not access any data source at all, while I could access all but one specific report. I did notice, however, that one report did not run it's scheduled refresh as it normally does. Below are my gateway/connection messages if I look at scheduled refresh: Connection Issue.PNGConnection Issue 2.PNG

What are the ways one can troubleshoot this? The account definitely has permission to access that database. I can query all the tables in that database and schema, and the acount is set up in other reports. This also doesn't explain why my colleague is sudenly not able to access anything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @M_OConnor ,

What is connection mode of this dataset, Import, Direct Query or Live Connection? We notice that this dataset is using a On-Premises Data Gateway, Have you checked the status of gateway which is used by this dataset in the "Manage Gateway" of Power BI Service? The credential of this data source is configured under gateway (does not mean the account which sign in Power BI Service).

3.jpg

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @M_OConnor ,

Could you please check if the valid status of credential configured under "Manage Gateway" - "Data source", by using Power BI Desktop ,SSMS or other official tools? Does this dataset map to the correct data source of gateway? What is the last time the scheduled refresh can work? Please also check if the gateway is running?

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-lid-msft, thanks for your reply. 

For some reason, my DESKTOP version suddenly works again. So that's good news. Issue is that the suite report is still having the same "Cannot Load Data Model" error coming up. 

With desktop working, I've refreshed the data (which worked, so connections to that data is fine). I've then re-published. 

This also doesn't fix the issue on the server. 

So in regards to what you've suggested, I've gone to my data connections in the Desktop report. This shows the connection - and it seems fine. As mentioned, I refreshed it, and it updated the data. I then go onto the suite (using the exact same user) and it gives me the "Cannot Load Data Model" message.

Is there anything I should look for speciically in the sutie that might be different than in Desktop?

Hi @M_OConnor ,

Does this issue have been resolved?Could you please provide more details about it If it still not be resolved? Please don't contain any Confidential Information or Real data in your reply.

Best regards,

@v-lid-msft  Hi there. Sorry for the delay. I was on annual leave! I can say (without sharing confidentials) that your last post identified where we needed to look to determine the issue. It was to do with the gateway. After restarting the gateway, this resolved the issue. Thanks!

Hi @M_OConnor ,

What is connection mode of this dataset, Import, Direct Query or Live Connection? We notice that this dataset is using a On-Premises Data Gateway, Have you checked the status of gateway which is used by this dataset in the "Manage Gateway" of Power BI Service? The credential of this data source is configured under gateway (does not mean the account which sign in Power BI Service).

3.jpg

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors