Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

shahid_tanmoy
Helper I
Helper I

Google ads to power bi help

Hi there, 

I need to report on google adwords and there is no connector available, there is one for google analytics but the google ads data in there is messy and is missing information. 

Besides paying for a third party service that I know does it, has anyone figured out a way to connect?

Im looking at methodologies like REST API but have no clue to even begin to do that lol.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Namaste, 

2 REPLIES 2
ReportGuru
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @shahid_tanmoy I know this reply is very late lol. Since there’s no built-in connector for Google Ads to PBI anymore, you will have to look for another way. As a workaround, maybe you can use a 3rd party connector, it can save you a lot of time compared to other options. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics (which doesn't have PBI as a destination, so you first have to export to Google Sheets and then export to PBI) and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the Google Ads connector in the data sources list:

GOOGLE-ADS-1.jpg

After that, just grant access to your Google Ads account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your Gads fields:

GOOGLE-ADS-2.jpg

There just select the fields you need. Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @shahid_tanmoy 

As far as I am aware there is no current connector you might need to create a custom connector. Or as you said look at connecting via the API which takes some learning. You could use Postman to try and integrate with the API first and then look to do this in Power BI?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors