Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Aielar
Helper I
Helper I

Goals Metrics visible for the entire company

Dear Community, I am creating a new scorecard to test the functionality of Metrics (former goals) in PowerBI to test our OKR framework. I'm loving it so far, do you know how can I make the scorecard available for everybody in the company by default? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Aielar

If this is the case you mentioned, then you need to determine whether your metrics are created based on the same workspace. If so, you can give the corresponding workspace permissions to users, and they can see the corresponding metrics . But if your metrics are based on multiple workspaces, you need to decide whether it is convenient to share links or to add members to the workspace.

There is currently no way to share metrics in batches . Of course, if you really have this need, you can mention your ideas to the Ideas forum. If a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Ideas (powerbi.com)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Aielar

If this is the case you mentioned, then you need to determine whether your metrics are created based on the same workspace. If so, you can give the corresponding workspace permissions to users, and they can see the corresponding metrics . But if your metrics are based on multiple workspaces, you need to decide whether it is convenient to share links or to add members to the workspace.

There is currently no way to share metrics in batches . Of course, if you really have this need, you can mention your ideas to the Ideas forum. If a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Ideas (powerbi.com)

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Aielar 

In this case , you can copy the shared link to the users in your company . The license of the visitor involved, please refer to the above reply . 

Recording 2022-08-07 at 22.47.18.gif

Best Regards,

So, they need to click the link to be able to access, right? If you have like 50 scorecards to share, does not seem the best way to do it to share with hundreds of people.

Thanks for your quick replies!

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Aielar 

If you want users in your company to create their own metrics , they need a Pro license , it is the minimum requirement . Detail requirements you can refer to the table below .

Ailsamsft_0-1659939418195.png

You also need turn on Metrics function in admin portal for your users .

Ailsamsft_1-1659939472390.png

More info about Metrics you can refer to the link below .

Get started with metrics in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs 

Best Regards,

Hey Alisa, thanks for your reply. Sorry, probably I was not clear enough. Metrics is enabled for the whole company, but anytime you create a new scorecard you need to share it with the people you want. As part of the OKR framework, we want to share the report with the whole company to enable transparency, how can we do that? Should we create a group in AD with the whole company in it and share it via direct access? Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors