Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ruiz07s
Regular Visitor

Glitchy black boxes around visuals and navigation pane in PBI Service

Hi everyone, long-term user of Power BI Service. In the last 1-2 weeks, I started to notice black outlines to items in the navigation pane in Power BI Service as well as certain visuals (e.g. slicers, text boxes, images) on each tab. The weird thing is sometimes they flash and disappear, sometimes the black outlines remain upon opening but disappear if you click on the screen. It's not a huge problem but quite annoying and distracting to look at. I've not experienced this before in the last 2-3 years of using PBI Service. Is this a glitch from a recent update? Has anyone else experienced this / knows if there's some kind of setting I can adjust to fix this issue?

I've attached images of the issue for reference.

PBI Glitch.jpgPBI Glitch2.jpg

PBI Glitch3.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ruiz07s @marco_79 ,

I have submitted your issue to ICM , the ID is 347527225  . I'll be back with an update if there's any progress .

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ruiz07s @marco_79 ,

I have submitted your issue to ICM , the ID is 347527225  . I'll be back with an update if there's any progress .

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

marco_79
Frequent Visitor

oh saw there is also another thread about this topic,

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Black-border-appears-around-random-visuals/m-p/2893776

the problem dont exist in de microsoft power bi app, only in the browsers

Ah thanks for the thread link, good to know others are experiencing the same issue so hopefully PBI team sorts it out asap. When doing a dashboard demos, the flashing black outlines are really off-putting!

marco_79
Frequent Visitor

Same issue last 2 weeks, no solution for it. wil keep monitoring this thread 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors