Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Rayzo92
Helper I
Helper I

Get the top 50 report users in my organisation

Greeting all , 

im a Power Bi admin on my organisation .

i was asked to get the top users that use our power BI reports. i checked the user metrics on our portal but it seems like it doesnt give lot of details , cant even share the results with anyone . is there any other way to do it . or any API that i can apply ? 

Thanks in advance . 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rayzo92 ,

Yes, you can use the Power BI API to get usage metrics for your organization. The API provides more detailed usage data than the user metrics dashboard in the Power BI portal. You can use the API to get usage data for individual users, groups, and reports, as well as to export the data to a CSV file or Power BI dataset.

To get started with the API, you will need to register an Azure AD application and grant it permissions to access the Power BI API. You can then use the API to get usage data for your organization.

Here are some resources to help you get started with the Power BI API:

If it does not help, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rayzo92 ,

Yes, you can use the Power BI API to get usage metrics for your organization. The API provides more detailed usage data than the user metrics dashboard in the Power BI portal. You can use the API to get usage data for individual users, groups, and reports, as well as to export the data to a CSV file or Power BI dataset.

To get started with the API, you will need to register an Azure AD application and grant it permissions to access the Power BI API. You can then use the API to get usage data for your organization.

Here are some resources to help you get started with the Power BI API:

If it does not help, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors