Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Eric7
Resolver I
Resolver I

Gateway connection failing to SQLServer

We have a dataflow that uses dynamic datasource connecting to various servers in a loop through an on-prem gateway. This has worked fine for over 2 years. But after a recent upgrade from SQLServer 2014 to 2019 (RTM-CU19) (KB5023049) - 15.0.4298.1 (X64), we get this error when refreshing the dataflow for some of the tables/queries on the dataflow (different ones for each refresh):

Error Code: Mashup Exception Error, Error Details: Couldn't refresh the entity because of an issue with the mashup document MashupException.Error: Microsoft SQL: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full.) Details: DataSourceKind = SQL;DataSourcePath = tcp:10.66.3.53,3814;HRMTS.Customer.XXXX;Message = A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full.);ErrorCode = -2146232060;Number = 10055;Class = 20 GatewayObjectId: cfe029ff-3c00-4fe3-a086-c07aa0a3df5f (Request ID: c46e9f0f-4712-4b98-b3e0-5d74060166ab).

We are looking into the SQLServer configuration too, but is there anything I can change in the attached gateway config file to mitigate this?

Link to the gateway config file being used:

Gateway config 

As I mentioned, this config file worked fine when we used SQLServer 2014.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Eric7 

It certainly something appears to be different with the SQL 2019 configuration. I would chat to your DBA and work with them to compare all the SQL Server settings in the SQL Configuration manager as well as also the user permissions and finally that it has got the same firewall configuration (if a firewall is used)?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

The DBA says it is the same configuration for SQL Server 2019 as it was for 2014. How do I set up the gateway config so that it does not run any parallel database connections, only one single?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors