Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ramie
Frequent Visitor

Gate way connection

Hi Power Bi familiy,

I have a query, how many users can connect standard mode gate way with different mails, but the organization is same.

I tested but not succeded, I don't know whether it is smiple or difficult one.

Note : I already configured gate way with another mail id organization is same.

If any one knows solution pelase helps me to achieve this problem.

ramie_0-1683368134829.pngramie_1-1683368177944.png

Thanks in Advacne.

1 REPLY 1
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @ramie ,

basically there is no limit how many users are able to leverage a data source connection using a gateway.

First, the account that you use configuring the gateway can be considered a "mediator". Users who develop reports and are publishing a pbix report to an application have to be added as a user of the data source. These users are not the same as the account that is used during configuration of the data source connection, instead use the "manage users" option to add these users to the data source connection.

When you want that the consumers are authenticated when accessing a report either from inside a workspace or an app, then you have to enable Kerberos.

I recommend reading this article: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-deployment-guidance

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors