Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BobiD
Frequent Visitor

Fulltext search in a report

Hi all,

I'm searching for a technical solutions to implement fulltext seach using PowerBI as front end and SSAS - Tabular as a backend. Could you share any options to implement it?

Thanks!

BR Bobi

8 REPLIES 8
AbbasG
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@BobiD I think the below will help you.

https://okviz.com/smart-filter/

BobiD
Frequent Visitor

Hi @AbbasG ,
thanks for the Link. I'll download the test version and give a try to it. It looks according to the documentation very promising.

BR Bobi

BobiD
Frequent Visitor

Hi @AbbasG ,
grom my point of view the filter is not doing a fulltext search ( e.g. SQL Server is doing it https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/search/full-text-search?view=sql-server-v... ) but a simple DAX search command. This is quite CPU intensive and it is not performing a semantical search.
Would be an option to fire fulltext search against tabular in a composite model?

BR Bobi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Power BI has no ability for it but if  you are using API for Fulltext searching .I think this might be help.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Using-Elasticsearch-for-full-text-search/m-p/1145627#M51988...

Hi @Anonymous ,
thanks for the proposal. I think quering ES over Power BI with live connection to SSAS is not possible.
Do you have a short example for the second solution with R or Python visual ?

BR Bobi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @BobiD 

Since Power bi is not a web-based application and operations such as entering parameters and writing text proceed only with the columns introduced, I do not have a more detailed example apart from the link I sent you before. However, as someone who has worked on other analysis platforms, I would like to say again that Fulltext searching will not be possible in Power BI.

Best Regards,

Ezgi Naz Aslankara

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi @Anonymous ,
can you share your experience with another analytics platform ?
BR Bobi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @BobiD 

There is a general search feature in "Qlik Sense", I also experienced this feature because I use it. The screenshot below is called the Smart search feature, you can check it out if you want 🙂

EzgiAslankara_0-1674662597479.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors