Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Shannon_Trick

Format a Measure

Hi,

I am fairly new to Power BI and I have created this measure:

2020-2021 Approved Budget minus Actuals Amount =
SUM('CurrentYearBudget'[2020-2021 Approved Budget]) - SUM('Actuals'[Actuals Amount])

I would like the value to display with a comma. Are you able to format this within a measure? So far I am not having success.
Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Shannon_Trick ,

You just need to click on the comma from formatting for enabling the comma in your values:

comm.PNG

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Shannon_Trick ,

You just need to click on the comma from formatting for enabling the comma in your values:

comm.PNG

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

lousegers
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Shannon_Trick ,

The display of numeric fields (and dates, times,.. ) depends on your Regional Settings.

It can be adjusted in Power BI Desktop or in Windows (Land/Region). It looks like the Windows setting is leading, but you have to close and reopen your pbix file after adjusting the Regional Settings. Just navigate to File > Options and settings > Options.

To avoid this from happening in the future, I would advice to change this for both your current file as globally (new .pbix files).

You can set it to Dutch in your case as decimals will be preceded with a comma instead of a default dot.

Capture.PNG

Was my answer anywhere helpful?

Show your appreciation by simply marking my reply as solution or throw it a kudo.

Hop on the data train and get connected @LouSegers

Thanks so much - I'll give it a try.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors