Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joaotranquez
Regular Visitor

Filter Bug - Online Report

I published one report in a group workspace and then I created app in Power BI to share Dashboards and Reports with a broader audience. After accessing the Power BI Online version, I´ve found an issue related to filtering.

When I apply a filter, none of my visuals are filtered according my choice. After clicking it again (disabling the filter), all the visuals show filtered data.

I don´t have the same issue in the Power BI Desktop file.

What could I do to be sure that all filters are working not only on Desktop Version, but also in my group workspace and published app?

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @joaotranquez,

According to your description, I just tested it on my environment, but I cannot reproduce this issue.

Based on my research, a similar has been reported previously last month. However, it should be fixed now. So if the issue persists, I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support page for better assistance. Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi,

I have the same issue. This seems to happen whenever we have RLS in place.

We select a filter and nothing happens then when deselecting it the filter kicks in but we dont see what its filtering on.

How do we solve this?

Are you using the 3rd Party visual "Smart Filter"? I have the same problem with that visual, but if I change to a regular SLicer the problem goes away. It seems to be an issue with that 3rd party addin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors