Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cv_firebirds

Fetchdatasets was unsuccessful

We have several PowerBI pro users that are unable to "Get Data" from powerbi datasets.  When attempting to list the datasets an error is displayed "Fetchdatasets was unsuccessful".  I've updated there excel and ensured that we updated the analyse in excel.  The users have no problem accessing the datasets using the powerbi desktop or online.  They aer properly logged into office365 using both programs.  Any thoughts? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
timdonkers
Regular Visitor

We were able to resolve it this morning by clearing the files and folders in a hidden folder..... %AppData%\Local\Microsoft\Office\SolutionPackages

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
timdonkers
Regular Visitor

We were able to resolve it this morning by clearing the files and folders in a hidden folder..... %AppData%\Local\Microsoft\Office\SolutionPackages

Worked like a charm.  Thank you again @timdonkers 

Wow, any side effects with other office products by doing that?  I don't have access to my users at the moment, but thank you for the suggestion.  I'll be trying it and will report back.

Nothing observed thus far and have tried on different instances of Windows

Thank you.  FYI, I too started a ticket with MS, but have not heard from them.  I did provide them a link to this thread.

That worked for me.  I no longer get the error when trying to list the PowerBI datasets.  How did you figure that out?  Did you open a ticket with Microsoft?

Hi. We did open a ticket under our enterprise license but MS was not aware of it so no initial luck from them. A colleague ended up finding it on another user board.

SMid
Frequent Visitor

I now have the same problem. I can refresh existing connections

timdonkers
Regular Visitor

Experiencing the same thing. Can access on one machine with same credentials but not on another machine with same credentials.

dhorrall
Frequent Visitor

I am having a similar problem.  I am personally getting this same error, along with another colleague, but two colleagues are not having the problem.  So, we're trying to figure out the common threads.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors