Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

swentworth
Regular Visitor

Featured questions not shown as suggestions on access other than the first time for shared dashboard

This applies to PowerBI at ‘app.powerbi.com’.
I create featured questions for a specific dataset.

I then share the dashboard that uses that dataset to an email address outside the
organization.
Upon the first access via the link provided in the email, I see the featured questions as
suggestions when clicking on ‘Ask a question about your data’. This is the behavior I
expect to experience.
I close the browser. (I have tested this with Edge, IE, and Chrome browsers with identical
results.)
Once again I access the dashboard via the link in the email. I do not see the featured
questions as before.
If I ‘stop sharing’ the dashboard and share it again the first access from the new email
works as expected and subsequent accesses do not show the featured questions as suggestions.
Can someone else replicate this situation? If it is a bug how does one report to Microsoft?
Thank you for your assistance.
6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi swentworth,

I can reproduce your issue in Power BI service. I will report the issue internally and post back once I get any updates.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This appears to have been corrected.

I have been busy with other work since the end of May 2016 but today began PowerBI work again.

I tested this situation and it appears to be working as I would expect.

Can Lydia or others confirm?

Thank you.

Hi @swentworth,

Based on my test, the issue has been fixed. External users should have no problem working with the featured questions in shared dashboards.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I will try to replicate this. Report Issues here:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/360879-issues

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thank you.

I look forward to hearing of the results of your testing.

Having trouble replicating this as I do not have access to two different O365 tenant accounts. Is there any way that you could share a dashboard with gdeckler@fusionalliance.com that has featured questions and I can go in and test?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors