Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Scocal123
Helper I
Helper I

Feature usage and adoption admin report not refreshing

Hello,

The new reports for admins have been massively valuable. Unfortunately, the feature usage and adoption one has stopped working for us. I receive the below errror on the dataset:

• Data source error{"error":{"code":"ModelRefresh_ShortMessage_ProcessingError","pbi.error":{"code":"ModelRefresh_ShortMessage_ProcessingError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The credentials provided for the AdminInsights source are invalid. (Source at AdminInsights.)"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}}

As this refresh has failed a few times, it has stopped the schedule refresh and because of the way these workspaces are setup, I can't make any amendments myself to try and restart the refresh.

The Puview Hub report and dataset within the workspace is working fine.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
ManuelW
Helper I
Helper I

Dear @Scocal123 ,

please pay attention this is a non supported idea. 

You can create a Connection with Power Shell to list all datasets inside a workspace and then you can delete the dataset. 

Commands:

# Login

Connect-PowerBIServiceAccount 
# List all datasets inside worksapce
Invoke-PowerBIRestMethod -Url groups/<AdminMonitoringWorkspaceID>/datasets -Method Get
#Copy the ID of the Feature Usage and Adoption Dataset and use the following command 
Invoke-PowerBIRestMethod -Url groups/<AdminMonitoringWorkspaceID>/datasets/<Feature Usage and Adoption DatasetID> -Method Delete

Maybe MS will create a new dataset.
Again this is an unsupported idea and I have not tested it. 
If you are afraid please create a MS support ticket and talk with them.

Best

Manuel 

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Scocal123 ,

The admin Monitoring workspace is a read-only workspace. Users, including workspace admins, are not able to edit or view properties of the items in the workspace, including datasets and reports.

The admin monitoring workspace is automatically refreshed once a day. The refresh takes place about 10 minutes after the admin workspace was accessed for the first time.

For more details, you can read related document: What is the admin monitoring workspace? - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am having the same issue, I use PIM role, my fabric administrator role was active for 3 hours and now it has disabled the refresh because of concecutive failures.  and we cant re-enable it.  Any help? or anyone got in touch with Microsoft?

hinaghous_0-1693895939642.png

Thanks for the reply. 

Good to know that it is set to auto-refresh each day, however my problem is that the report is failing to refresh and I am not sure how to resolve this. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you

I don't know if it helps, but I have a similar problem that seems to be caused by this:

We have to activate our Fabric Admin role in Azure when we want to access the Admin tenant settings etc. The role will be active an hour after activation.

The data in the Fature Usage and Adoption report cannot be refreshed when this role isn't activated so there will be an error message upon opening the Feature Usage and Adoption report. When we wait for the next refresh (with the role activated) it will start working. The trick here is to keep the Fabric Administrator role activated for long enough to load the data. Usually it takes 5 minutes before the next refresh attempt after the fail and another 10 minutes to load the actual data. 

I hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors