Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Favorites and Recent links are gone from left nav

Is anyone else also seeing that Favorites and Recent left navigation links are gone from the left navigation in the Service? This seems related to User experience experiments tenant setting. If I disable that in the tenant, the links come back.

If anyone cares about my opinion, I think that the Favorites and Recent links are EXTREMELY VALUABLE!! So, I would not like to see them go away in future updates to the Service!

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
1 REPLY 1
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Greg_Deckler 

This is becoming a FAQ,

Microsoft made these UI changes, you can opt out with this Tenant Setting switch (you need a Power BI Admin to update the setting). Annoyingly it seems the default setting of this switch is to have these "experience experiments" ON!

--------------------------------------------------------

The user account that sees "Browse" was randomly selected as part of an experiment evaluating a potential change to the UI. If the customer would like to opt-out of experiments they can do so by disabling experimentation see User experience experiments admin settings - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

When this feature is enabled, users in the organization will get minor user experience variations, including content, layout, and design, that the Power BI team is experimenting with before they go live for all users.

Burningsuit_0-1648464422109.png

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors