Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Vegard1985
Helper I
Helper I

Failing to refresh Composite Model dataset - COM Error SSO?

Hi,

I have an issue refreshing a dataset, would be great if anyone could point me in a direction as I'm out of ideas.

I'll try to give a complete description.

Scenario:

- A dataset in workspace "Workspace123", dataset name is "Dataset123". Data used in this dataset is from Dataflows + HANA db.

The dataset also has two DAX calculated tables for data validation purposes

- A second dataset is using Dataset123 as a source + some added data from Dataflows (data has relationship to Dataset123), and a couple local tables (created with "Enter Data"). Let's call this "Dataset_Final".

- In PowerBI Desktop, I have no problem refreshing this dataset.

- When published to Service, I get this error when trying to refresh:

""COM error: Microsoft.PowerBI.AS.ConnectionDetailsProvider, Single sign-on (SSO) credential is not provided which is required to execute the current request.. A connection could not be made to the data source with the Name of '<pii>{"protocol":"analysis-services","address":{"server":"powerbi://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/Workspace123","database":"Dataset123"},"authentication":null,"query":null}</pii>'. The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed.""

Here's the settings for the "Dataset123":

Gateway_Dataset123.png

Here's the settings for the "Dataset_Final":

Gateway_Dataset_Final.png

I'm not using the gateway as all the "data sources are in the cloud".

I've tried edited the credentials (successfully logged in).

I'm close to trying to add the AnalysisServices to the gateway, as it seems to complain about this, but it clearly says it's optional? What am I missing? 😞 

Hope to get some input as this is frustrating as H..

3 REPLIES 3
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Vegard1985 

By my research, I'm afraid that I have no ideas for your issue as I cannot reproduce it.

May be this artile will be helpful with you.

Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yalan, Thanks for trying!

In the topic you linked, there's talk of this still maturing, that calculate table is not working and will make the refresh break. Do you know if this still is true, I've failed to find that information elsewhere. I haven't purposely used calculatetable function. As mentioned I have two tables created by DAX in the model, could this be the culprit?

We are having this issue as well - I would hope it's a bug that will get resolved.

Based on my testing, I similarly found that the refresh fails when new calculated columns or tables are created.  This leads to RLS issues, as I can't create a table that can be used in Roles.  For example, even UserData = OriginalData breaks the online refresh, so I can't impose a UserData[Email] = USERPRINCIPALNAME() in RLS.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors