Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ninsights
Helper III
Helper III

Failed to refresh - memory errors on almost all dashboards starting February 22, 2022

As of February 22, I am suddenly getting "failed to refresh" errors saying that there is not enough memory on almost all dashboards. These dashboards have been working for many months without any issue. 

Any ideas as to why I'm not getting memory limit messages?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
adamkcollins
Advocate I
Advocate I

MS finally acknowledged it:
"February 23, 2022 9:52 AMTitle: Refresh problems within Microsoft Power BI User Impact: Users may experience issues attempting to refresh within Microsoft Power BI. Current status: We're analyzing system logs to determine the root cause and form a remediation plan. Scope of impact: Your organization is affected by this event, and may impact any user attempting to refresh in Microsoft Power BI."

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
adamkcollins
Advocate I
Advocate I

MS finally acknowledged it:
"February 23, 2022 9:52 AMTitle: Refresh problems within Microsoft Power BI User Impact: Users may experience issues attempting to refresh within Microsoft Power BI. Current status: We're analyzing system logs to determine the root cause and form a remediation plan. Scope of impact: Your organization is affected by this event, and may impact any user attempting to refresh in Microsoft Power BI."

Where did you find this acknolwedgement? 

Thank you, @Adam .

ninsights
Helper III
Helper III

Is there a way to flag microsoft support in this community thread to notifiy them? 
Sadly, once the dashboard refresh schedule fails a few times, it turns off the schedules. That will leave all of us turning them all back on one at a time.

The best thing you can do, is open a support ticket.  I don't think posting it under 'Issues' notifies them as fast as a support ticket will.  They are obligated to respond to a ticket in a reasonable time.

jici

does that notify the PBI team in the same way a support ticket does?

I dont think so but a lot of people opened a support ticket and linked this issue. (me included)

jcs93
Helper I
Helper I

I just opened a ticket with support for the same issue. 

It seems the trend is we find the problem and talk about the problem and even tweet the problem, somewhere around 6-12 hours before MS announces there's a problem.  It's been my experience that by the time MS announces there's a problem, they've already fixed it.

adamkcollins
Advocate I
Advocate I

We are experiencing the same thing on items with gateway along with Azure and Sharepoint resources.

jici

Same here, it's unusable.

ninsights
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you for letting me know. I'll wait for a response from Microsoft then.

Hazenm
Advocate II
Advocate II

I'm getting same error messages across all of my reports, as well, and I can't upload any locally refreshed datasets either. I think there must be server problems. Can PBI comment? Server Status is showing no issues: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ But I think that needs updated..?

Yes I agree, I believe there is an issue with the service.

econrey
Regular Visitor

As of this morning, none of our reports will load and we received multiple refresh failure notices.

Same. All refreshes failing (which is so awesome for my inbox), and no reports will render. Come on MS, how bout a reply?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors