Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

willpage
Helper II
Helper II

Failed Refreshes Since Friday

I've come into work Monday (NZ Time) with a lot of email notifications for failed dataset and dataflow refreshes. The failues are all related to credentials, e.g:
Data source credentials are missing or invalid. Please update the credentials for <data source>

The failure is the same no matter the data source, SQL with SQL auth, SQL with AAD auth, SharePoint, OneDrive etc so this leads me to believe it's the Power BI service with the fault rather than any of these upstream sources.

Anyone else had this issue or is this a known fault? The failures seemed to start with the overnight refresh activity Friday night - Saturday morning NZ time (UTC + 12)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The problem seems to be resolved now without me doing anything. Refreshes failed 3 nights in a row but manual refreshes and automatic refreshes that happen during the day are now succeeding.

It wasn't anything local to my environment because of the diversity of the data sources that were failing: Multiple Azure SQL databases in different Azure tenacies with various authentication mechanisms, SharePoint Online/OneDrive using OAuth 2/AAD across various different service principals. None of them using any on-premises data gateways.

Anyway, problem solved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Awesome thanks for letting us know...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @willpage 

I had a look and all my refreshes are happening successfully.

Could it be that maybe something is wrong with your data sources or something in your network?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

The problem seems to be resolved now without me doing anything. Refreshes failed 3 nights in a row but manual refreshes and automatic refreshes that happen during the day are now succeeding.

It wasn't anything local to my environment because of the diversity of the data sources that were failing: Multiple Azure SQL databases in different Azure tenacies with various authentication mechanisms, SharePoint Online/OneDrive using OAuth 2/AAD across various different service principals. None of them using any on-premises data gateways.

Anyway, problem solved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors